This morning my friend posted on facebook, “Oh my… I’ve been timelined… Is there not such a thing as freedom of choice???? Lol”
And one of her friends responded: If this happens to mine… I’ll shut down my account.
Others posted about how they might just terminate their facebook accounts because of this new timeline thing.
And so I said, “you can’t fight it, embrace it! ♥ ~ p.s. better not quit your account or how am I going to keep up with you?! ”
So lest I lose all my facebook friends due to timeline, why not embrace it and make your own, fun, timeline cover photo? It’s a fun way to express yourself! And really easy to do – for your profile or your page.
Here’s my profile cover photo, highlighting my husband, me, our children and the children we work with. I like this because it’s a good reflection of our life – playing with babies, rolling in dirt, holding puppies, all that good stuff:
And The Refuge/El Refugio facebook page cover photo. More simple, but clearly states the mission and vision of our ministry:
and Real Child Development’s facebook page cover photo. Very simple, but I find the colors and picture to be inspiring and reflects my heart for this page:
These literally took me minutes to make. Here’s how, using Picasa.
- Step 1: Choose the photos you would like to use in Picasa. While selecting the photo click on Create in the top menu. Under Create select “Picture Collage…” Once there you can easily add more photos by selecting “Clips” and pressing “Get More.”
- Step 2: Once in picture collage under Setting choose “Page Format.” A bunch of different page setting will come up. Choose “Add Custom Aspect Ratio.” A little box will pop up asking for the ratio you want. In the dimensions box type in 850X315. For the name type “Facebook Cover Photo” so you remember what it is.
- Step 3: Now the picture collage area will automatically be in the right dimensions. You can now fill it with whatever pictures you want, twist them around at different angles and make it however you want. Using one large picture, or lots of pictures, have fun and express yourself. Remember that at this stage we’re not adding text, so if you want to have text in your collage, leave space where you want the text to be.
- Step 4: When you’re happy with your collage hit “Create Collage.” Now the collage will show up in your picture library. At this stage you can add text right there in Picasa. Or if you want more font options that Picasa doesn’t have, click on the box, “Edit in Picnik.” Your photo will load up in Picnik and you can use the fonts available there.
- Step 5: When your photo is exactly the way you want it, select File at the top, and choose “Export picture to folder.” Select the folder you want the picture to go to, use original size and don’t add watermark unless you want it.
- Step 6: Now all you have to do is upload your photo into facebook and there you have it – your own, personalized Facebook Timeline Cover Photo!
Did you make something fun? Share it with me in the comments, I’d love to check out your creation!